[bt-devel] requriring QtSql / QTSQLITE

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 11:11:33 MST 2009

On Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 12:06 PM, Martin Gruner <mg.pub at gmx.net> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am strongly thinking about a new feature. The current alternative
> versification support has one major drawback: it does not yet have schema
> mapping. So when you display modules with different v11n systems in parallel,
> you will get wrong results.
> Until Sword supports schema mapping, we might just have our own small
> solution. I just checked, if I only store the data sets of places where v11n
> systems differ, it will be about 40k datasets. Too much to compile into the
> code.
> So I'd like start using QtSql with the QTSQLITE driver. I used it before, and
> it is fun. We might do all sorts of cool things with this later.
>
> My main question is: How complicated is it for the Windows build team to
> create a Qt that does have support for it? If it can be done with a
> reasonable, limited amount of effort I'd like to start implementing the
> solution.

I'm not at a Windows box at the moment, but I know the QtSql4 is
already part of the basic Windows build that I have on my system.
Compiling it just basically amounts to a little more time spent
building.  Since we've figured out the issue of plugins, even if the
SQLITE is part of the plugin system, it should be pretty easy to bring
it into the system now that Gary ironed out those problems.

--Greg