[bt-devel] requriring QtSql / QTSQLITE

Martin Gruner mg.pub at gmx.net
Mon Nov 2 11:06:54 MST 2009

Hi all,

I am strongly thinking about a new feature. The current alternative
versification support has one major drawback: it does not yet have schema
mapping. So when you display modules with different v11n systems in parallel,
you will get wrong results.
Until Sword supports schema mapping, we might just have our own small
solution. I just checked, if I only store the data sets of places where v11n
systems differ, it will be about 40k datasets. Too much to compile into the
code.
So I'd like start using QtSql with the QTSQLITE driver. I used it before, and
it is fun. We might do all sorts of cool things with this later.

My main question is: How complicated is it for the Windows build team to
create a Qt that does have support for it? If it can be done with a
reasonable, limited amount of effort I'd like to start implementing the
solution.

mg

--

Bauplan des Lebens - längst im Gen entdeckt!
Die Wissenschaft ist stolz: Sie hat's gecheckt.

Wolf Rahn