[bt-devel] Network warning functionality

Sun Nov 1 09:37:42 MST 2009

On Sunday 01 November 2009 11:07:31 am Eeli Kaikkonen wrote:
> > Is there not something already in QT for this sort of thing?
Perhaps
> > even something like a passive popup like KDE used to have, or
some
> > other sort of notification?
>
> I'm not sure where you're pointing at. AFAIK there's no standard
dialog
> in Qt which has "Don't show this message again" option. KDE may
have but
> we don't use KDE, so we have to implement our own (which is not
a big
> deal).

The windows equivalent of a "passive popup" from KDE3 (now things
in the notification applet in KDE4) would be the little bubble thing
that pops up sometimes, basically I'm going with something that is
not a dialog that lets the user know the issue.

> > And thinking further, we could extend it to
> > be
> > like browsers or email, and implement a work offline if the
network is
> > not connected maybe. But I'd have no clue how to implement
that.

> There's no use for offline mode, because if something has been
> downloaded, it's already used "offline", like source module lists or
> modules themselves. We don't do any online "browsing" or module
reading.

A traditional offline mode, no. But we could ask the user if they want
the program to wait until network connectivity comes back to
download.