[bt-devel] Network warning functionality

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Sun Nov 1 09:07:31 MST 2009

On Sun, 1 Nov 2009, David (Mailing List Addy) wrote:

> On Thursday 22 October 2009 09:40:22 am Eeli Kaikkonen wrote:
> > Why I want to use a dialog instead of the current embedded
> warning
> in
> > the Install page? Because the embedded warning takes space and
> is
> > useless for most users. Additionally it should be duplicated if we
> want
> > to create a config dialog page for Installation Sources (I would like
> > do that).
>
> Is there not something already in QT for this sort of thing? Perhaps
> even something like a passive popup like KDE used to have, or some
> other sort of notification?

I'm not sure where you're pointing at. AFAIK there's no standard dialog
in Qt which has "Don't show this message again" option. KDE may have but
we don't use KDE, so we have to implement our own (which is not a big
deal).

> And thinking further, we could extend it to
> be
> like browsers or email, and implement a work offline if the network is
> not connected maybe. But I'd have no clue how to implement that.

There's no use for offline mode, because if something has been
downloaded, it's already used "offline", like source module lists or
modules themselves. We don't do any online "browsing" or module reading.

  Yours,
	Eeli Kaikkonen (Mr.), Oulu, Finland