[bt-devel] BibleTime 2.0.beta3 released - i18n freeze - preliminary release schedule for discussion

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Mon May 18 14:50:47 MST 2009

Gary Holmlund wrote:
> Eeli Kaikkonen wrote:
>>
>>> But I see another problem which is probably not related to this one.
>>> Actually I think I have seen it already with KHTML. Sometimes the Mag
>>> updates get "stuck" so that nothing happens when I hover the mouse.
>>> Usually it happens after opening a window when I start hovering on
>>> it. But sometimes it seems to happen even when it has already worked
>>> for some time. It may not be easy to repeat, but it seems to happen
>>> quite often when I open the RMB menu, hover over the display window,
>>> close the RMB menu by clicking on top of the display window and hover
>>> over it again.
>>
>> Actually I feel I can repeat it every time with this method: open the
>> RMB menu, hover over it so that it opens a submenu, click outside the
>> menu to close it. Then hovering over the display window (KJV module)
>> doesn't update the Mag.
>>
>> --Eeli Kaikkonen
> The function I just added, QWidget::underMouse(), is supposed to tell if
> the mouse is over the current widget. After using the context menu and
> clicking outside it, this function was returning false all the time even
> if the mouse was over the window. This seems like a Qt bug to me. I
> removed this function.
>
> I added a function to catch events of the viewer. If the "Leave" event
> (mouse leaves window) was detected, it now clears the m_prev_attribute
> which was the state of the node that originated the timer event. With
> this cleared the timeout does nothing when it occur. It is just a
> different way to stop Mag window updates when the mouse leaves the
> window that started the timer for the update process.
>
> Eeli, can you verify this again. Thanks.
>
> Gary

Yes, it's works now after the RMB menu.

I still saw similar mag-not-updating problem when I first entered the
window. However, I can't repeat it. I just remember that I have seen it
every now and then. Maybe we have to just let it be for now, but I'd
like to get it fixed because when it happens it's very annoying.

--Eeli Kaikkonen