[bt-devel] BibleTime 2.0.beta3 released - i18n freeze - preliminary release schedule for discussion
gary.holmlund at gmail.com
Sun May 17 07:02:16 MST 2009
Eeli Kaikkonen wrote:
> Eeli Kaikkonen wrote:
>> Gary Holmlund wrote:
>>> I have fixed the Mag window problem that caused it to update when it
>>> should not have updated.
>> Sorry, but I still experience the bug. And it happens with the
>> release build as well as with the debug build. Let's continue on
>> this. I'll try to look at the code closer.
> What happens when you test it? Is it really fixed for you? How often
> did it happen before the changes - all the time or only now and then?
> I'm asking because to me it happens all the time, not only
> occasionally. For example, when I put the mouse over the leftmost word
> in the display window and move it left to the bookshelf window. The
> Mag is updated to a wrong word almost every time, even though I
> haven't moved the mouse over any other word than the leftmost. Strange
> enough, the Mag changes to a word which depends on something, but I
> don't know what. Possibly the Strong's word may even not be in the
> text at all. Maybe it depends on coordinates or something.
> One thing which occurs to me is that I have a dual core processor. If
> you don't experience the bug as often and have a single core, maybe it
> has something to do with event handling. For example bugs in threads
> are triggered at least 10 or 100 times more often with multicore.
> --Eeli Kaikkonen
I just tried it on my quad core computer and I do see the problem there.
The problem I fixed is that it was not comparing that the item under the
cursor was the same at the beginning and end of the timeout. After that
change I could not reproduce the problem on my single core laptop.
I will work on it today. I am sure that since I can reproduce the
problem, I will be able to fix it.
More information about the bt-devel