[bt-devel] BibleTime 2.0.beta3 released - i18n freeze - preliminary release schedule for discussion

Gary Holmlund gary.holmlund at gmail.com
Sat May 16 18:45:24 MST 2009

Eeli Kaikkonen wrote:
> Martin Gruner wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> this is hopefully the last beta release.
>>
>> @Eeli, Gary: We urgently need to finalize the release. AFAICT there
>> is only one pending issue that needs to be fixed, the javascript issue?
>> Can we agree on a schedule for the release? If you agree, I'd like to
>> release rc1 on Thursday, 21th and final on Sunday, 24th of May, next
>> week, if there are no blockers.
>> If you disagree, please speak up!
>>

> I've seen the configure.svg invisible icon bug with another machine,
> too. I think it should be fixed. The icon is important because it's
> used in many places and even without text. I just don't know how to
> fix it.
>
> Maybe we should wait a bit longer between the rc and the final? We are
> lucky to have a good packaging support at least for .deb packages and
> it could be useful to get the packages into the repositories. Then the
> ordinary end users could use it and possibly find critical bugs before
> the final release. Can Jonathan give us any estimation about how soon
> the rc packages would be in the repos after the source release?
>
> --Eeli Kaikkonen
I have fixed the Mag window problem that caused it to update when it
should not have updated.

Regarding the configure.svg problem. The problem can be demonstrated in
a tiny Qt program written from scratch. It is clear that all the
programs that fail to display it correctly are based on Qt4. I don't
know if the is a Qt bug or a problem with the icon and Qt is less
tolerant than other programs. The only choice I see is to recreate the
icon. I am not very proficient with creating svg icons. Is there anyone
else that knows how to do it?

Gary