[bt-devel] RFC: Remove modules installed by the native package manager

Jonathan Morgan jonmmorgan at gmail.com
Sat May 2 23:06:47 MST 2009

Note: This is not a comment on the patch in question, which I do not
care whether it gets included or not.

On Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 4:22 AM, Jonathan Marsden <jmarsden at fastmail.fm> wrote:
> Peter von Kaehne wrote:
>
>> My considered and often stated view is that this should not happen.
>
> The fact remains that such modules do exist.  And there are people in the
> world who, unlike you,  feel that packaged SWORD modules do in fact have
> their place -- as evidenced in part by the very fact that such modules exist
> :)  Since many SWORD modules are explicitly public domain, there is no way
> to "force" packaged SWORD data to cease to exist, even if everyone on this
> list fully agreed with your viewpoint.

It seems very curious that software developers should be held
responsible for their software not working as well when it is packaged
in a way that they have strongly and expressly stated should not
happen and is unsupported.

Jon