[bt-devel] mercurial repo

Raoul Snyman raoul.snyman at saturnlaboratories.co.za
Sat May 2 11:09:52 MST 2009

On Saturday 02 May 2009 19:26:13 Jonathan Marsden wrote:
> At this level of feature comparison, all of the main DVCS players (bzr,
> git, hg) are pretty similar.  We're using bzr for the SWORD and
> BibleTime (and Xiphos and Bibledit and Biblememorizer) packaging because
> it is what LaunchPad and Ubuntu tend to use.

bzr is also apprently a little more straightforward than git. When I was
looking at DVCS, I read a number of blogs and articles on all of them, and I
can remember that one person was having a real issue with something that
should be straightforward in git, but wasn't.

And, as James mentioned, TortoiseGit is still rather unstable. TortoiseBzr
works well (I've used it a little), and I would presume TortoiseHg is pretty
much along the same lines.

--
Raoul Snyman, B.Tech IT (Software Engineering)
Saturn Laboratories
e: raoul.snyman at saturnlaboratories.co.za
w: www.saturnlaboratories.co.za
b: blog.saturnlaboratories.co.za