[bt-devel] Minimum screen resolution for BibleTime?

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Sun Mar 29 13:59:20 MST 2009

Peter von Kaehne wrote:
> Jonathan Marsden wrote:
>> I don't know if this is a bug, because I don't know if usability on an
>> 800x600 screen is a usability goal for BibleTime... I couldn't find a
>> "hardware requirements" page or FAQ question about this on the BT website.
>>

> While 800x600 is probably mostly used on obsolete computers 1024x600 is
> a typical netbook resolution.

Yes, and we should make BT usable with that. I instructed Gary quite
strictly on that when he edited the config window, but I have failed to
follow that myself with the bookself manager. My defense is that it
hadn't been thought of at all when I did it.

One solution is to take away the warning text from the Install page and
show the first-time warning before connecting. The warning is
meaningless/unnecessary for most users. The SWORD library may already
have code supporting a one-time or other warning.

--Eeli Kaikkonen