[bt-devel] Minimum screen resolution for BibleTime?

Jonathan Marsden jmarsden at fastmail.fm
Sat Mar 28 23:44:54 MST 2009

I was doing some testing of BibleTime 2.0.alpha3 in virtual machines
with 800x600 "virtual screens" earlier.  I noticed that the Bookshelf
Manager window is too tall to be fully visible on an 800x600 screen in
Ubuntu Intrepid and Ubuntu Jaunty.  The lower part of the screen (which
includes a Close button) is off-screen.

There is a workaround for those who know about it: Alt-click somewhere
on the window and move it around so you can see a different part of it.
 However, most users do not know about this possibility.  So, if we
expect BibleTime to be easily used on an 800x600 screen, I would suggest
 we try to reduce the height of the Bookshelf manager so that it fits.

I don't know if this is a bug, because I don't know if usability on an
800x600 screen is a usability goal for BibleTime... I couldn't find a
"hardware requirements" page or FAQ question about this on the BT website.

Jonathan