[bt-devel] Installing and Testing (packaged) BibleTime on Ubuntu

Jonathan Marsden jmarsden at fastmail.fm
Sat Mar 28 22:43:55 MST 2009

I just created a set of instructions for installing my latest BibleTime
.deb package (and its dependencies, including libsword) onto Ubuntu.
These instructions were originally a text file of my own notes, created
during the process of trying to duplicate a bug on a machine (I used
virtual machines) other than my own development desktop.

I realized that these instructions might be helpful to others too, so
there is now a new wiki page at

  http://devel.bibletime.info/wiki/Testing_BibleTime_on_Ubuntu

describing how I am doing this.  At some stage I'll probably change the
instructions to use the pkgcrosswire team PPA instead of my personal
one.  They are also (by design) more command-line and less
point-and-click based.

Jonathan