[bt-devel] 2.0.alpha3 released

Gary Holmlund gary.holmlund at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 07:25:27 MST 2009

Eeli Kaikkonen wrote:
> The second problem is building SWORD. Greg gave instructions which I
> didn't follow quite exactly (the SWORD code was different, I have the
> Express edition of VS, and I want to try an "easier way"). Building
> SWORD led to errors related to unicode. It means that ICU was needed,
> but there was nothing about that in instructions. Greg, can you help?
> Why are there instructions for ICU build targets if we don't use ICU?

I did get VS Express to build BibleTime. I had initial problems with
linker errors related to unicode. Once I got both Sword and BibleTime
compiling with the unicode compiler flags the problem went away. I am
not using ICU.

The other problem I had was that everytime CMakeList.txt was updated,
the compiler flags reverted back to cmake generated settings and I had
to redo the changes using the vs property editor.

I have updated CMakeList.txt with specific vs compiler flags. I hope
this will simplify building with vs.

Gary