[bt-devel] git public test repository created

Martin Gruner mg.pub at gmx.net
Fri Mar 20 09:40:31 MST 2009

Hi all,

for testing purposes I enabled sourceforge's git service and tried to create a
public test repository. As a git newbie, I must admit that I find it quite
confusing up to this point.

You can find instructions on how to clone the repository here:
https://sourceforge.net/scm/?type=git&group_id=954.

It seems (according to my incomplete knowledge) that we only can have one git
repository module (in SVN, we do have different for code, website etc.). Is
that true? If not, we should create a dedicated test module to play with and
decide if we want to start working with git for our codebase.

My opinion: we should only do that if git offers us significant advantages that
we need. IDE integration is worse than for SVN, for example the plugin for
ecplise (which I use) is far from being complete.

So Eeli, why don't you play with it a little? =)

God bless,

mg