[bt-devel] How to set font in Mag (2.0.alpha1)

Gary Holmlund gary.holmlund at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 18:08:38 MST 2009

Tom Cornell wrote:
> I'm running BibleTime 2.0.alpha1, now, under Ubuntu 8.10 (Intrepid Ibex).
> The font that is used in the Mag window (Arial, maybe?) does not
> include characters needed to display polytonic Greek (breathing marks,
> circumflexes...). I tried to use the Qt4 configuration tool to change
> the font, but it does not seem to affect the Mag window. Is there some
> other way I can change this? I'd be happy to try to hack at the
> relevant code if someone wants to point me at it and/or offer
> suggestions...
> -Tom Cornell

We discussed only a few weeks ago that this should be a config option. I
will probably do that in the next couple of weeks.

If you want to hack this, you could go to
bibletime/src/backend/config/cbtconfig.cpp in the getDefault function
around line 314. This will change the default font for all html based
windows. Most of the other windows can have a non-default font so this
would allow them to still be different if desired.

Gary