[bt-devel] Windows searching?

Gary Holmlund gary.holmlund at gmail.com
Sun Mar 8 14:49:40 MST 2009

Greg Hellings wrote:
> Has anyone else tried searching in BibleTime in Windows?  I was trying
> both the WLC module and the ESV module - they both seem to complete
> the index creation, but they both crash quite convincingly and
> suddenly as soon as the search begins.  I'm going to take a guess that
> this is because of an issue with Unicode support in CLucene for
> Windows which has recently been discussed on the SWORD mailing list
> and which probably affects my build of CLucene which was linked into
> BibleTime.  Can anyone else confirm the issues on their machine?

I tried this with ESV and another couple of modules and did not get a
crash. The search worked. I was running the debug version from Studio
hoping to catch the crash.

Also, what is your setting in Studio for Properties > Configuration
Properties > General > Character Set. I have mine set to Unicode for
both the BibleTime and libsword projects.

Gary