[bt-devel] Windows Alpha 2?

Barry Drake b.drake at ntlworld.com
Wed Mar 4 10:49:06 MST 2009

Hi Greg .......

Greg Hellings wrote:
> Have you ever used BibleTime and launched it from the command line in
> Linux?
While I was back with Linux, I upgraded to the latest Ubuntu and took
the most recent binary package I could find of BibleTime.  Sure enough,
the same cipherkey error messages appear as in Windows.  There's
obviously a change that took place some time after 1.5.3

But - the exercise gave me chance to compare the Windows version with
the (older) Linux version.  One thing is on the Linux version, the app.
automatically saves the state of all windows when shutting down.  On
Windows it always fires up with nothing in the windows.  You either have
to go to the book tree and get books or use the 'load state' to load a
previously saved state.  I've played with the startup conf file under
Windows, and it seems to make no difference whatever this contains.  It
is not re-written either when shutting down.

God bless,
Barry

-- From Barry Drake (The Revd) minister of the Netherfield United Reformed church, Nottingham see http://www.jesusinnetherfield.org.uk for our church homepages).

Replies - b.drake at ntlworld.com