[bt-devel] Windows Alpha 2?

Barry Drake b.drake at ntlworld.com
Wed Mar 4 03:23:00 MST 2009

Hi Greg ........

Greg Hellings wrote:
> So, if you're feeling
> adventurous and have a dilapidated old system sitting around, then I'd
> say hook it up and give the installer a whirl.

At the moment, I don't.  However, the box on which I run Linux has the
system hard drive in a caddy so I can pull out Windows and insert
Linux.  As soon as I have time, I'll do an install of Windows 98 on a
spare hard drive and play with it.  Might not be very soon though.
> Have you ever used BibleTime and launched it from the command line in
> Linux?
Not until just now!  I popped my Linux caddy back into the box and tried
it.  No, it didn't show the encryption errors.  But it is an older
version of BibleTime - 1.5.3 (running under Ubuntu Dapper Drake).  I
haven't worked in Linux for a couple of years.  I do know that at least
a couple of the modules it flagged are encrypted, and obviously have the
proper key else they would read as garbage.  I think this is just a
curiosity.  Sometime, I might take a look at the code to see what drives
the error message, but don't hold your breath!

Thanks again for these wonderful efforts.

God bless,
Barry

-- From Barry Drake (The Revd) minister of the Netherfield United Reformed church, Nottingham see http://www.jesusinnetherfield.org.uk for our church homepages).

Replies - b.drake at ntlworld.com