[bt-devel] Windows installer tool choice

Chris Little chrislit at crosswire.org
Mon Mar 2 23:20:46 MST 2009

Matthew Talbert wrote:
>> into the system.  Especially if what Matthew says is true and support
>> for those is already excluded based on using Visual Studio 2005, then
>> it's even more work for me to find a version of Studio that will
>> build, possibly buy it for a large sum of money if it's not one of the
>> two versions I already own, then learn how to build binaries that will
>> work on both 9x and NT families of Windows.
>
> I believe 2005 is OK (though I've never tested). AFAIK, the link I
> mentioned was for 2008.

FWIW, the current free version of VS is Visual Studio 2008 Express, and
it would be nice to allow people to develop using a free compiler/IDE.

If it's especially desirable, we could revive the VS6 projects for
Sword, etc., but I don't think I would make the effort to support 9x at
this point.

--Chris