[bt-devel] Config Dialog HotKey Editor

Jaak Ristioja Ristioja at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 23:00:30 MST 2009

Gary Holmlund wrote:

> The shortcut editor has been checked in and is ready to use. If you can
> try it and give me any feedback about it, that would be great.
>
> In testing I have found that the "back in history" and "forward in
> history" don't work right with a shortcut. I will work on this next.
>
> Perhaps looking critically at the text in the dialog would be good. We
> will need it to be translated soon.
>
> Gary

Hi!

Nice to hear that. However, for translators, its a nightmare to
translate something like this:

QString conflictMsg = "\n   \"" + conflict + "\" " + tr("in the") + "
\"" + getTitleForEditor(list.at(i)) + "\" " + tr("group");
conflicts.append(conflictMsg);

Why? Because not all language have the same structure as English does.
There might not be equivalents for "in" or "the", and in some language
one might need to add some other words into "a strange place" somewhere
in that sentence. For flexibility and better translations, please use
something alike the following instead:

QString conflictMsg = tr("\n\t\"%1\" in the \"%2\"
group").arg(conflict).arg(getTitleForEditor(list.at(i)));
conflicts.append(conflictMsg);

God Bless!
Jaak Ristioja