[bt-devel] QtWebKit DOM access

Raoul Snyman raoul.snyman at saturnlaboratories.co.za
Thu Jan 15 13:53:25 MST 2009

Hi Guys,

On Thursday 15 January 2009 19:16:40 Martin Gruner wrote:
> ok. Whenever I do a release, I create a tag that allows to create a branch
> off from that particular state, such as "rel-1-7". I'm ready to create
> branches if we really need them. And you have SVN write access, so you can
> also create branches for your own development at any time.

Having a little bit of experience with Subversion on the openlp.org project, I
thought I'd just lend my knowledge with regards to Subversion branching and
tagging here...

In Subversion, a branch and a tag are in essence exactly the same thing. They
are both simply a copy of the code at a certain point. A branch is then
developed further, whereas a tag can be used to export that code at that
point.

When it comes to branching and merging, Subversion is a breeze. I branched
openlp.org at one stage, because I thought we'd be doing bug fixing on the
branch, and doing further development on trunk. At the end of each bugfix
release, I tagged the branch, and then merged the branch back into trunk.
Contrary to my expectations, the merging was totally painless.

Hope this helps!

--
Raoul Snyman, B.Tech IT (Software Engineering)
Saturn Laboratories
e: raoul.snyman at saturnlaboratories.co.za
w: www.saturnlaboratories.co.za
b: blog.saturnlaboratories.co.za