[bt-devel] QtWebKit DOM access

Martin Gruner mg.pub at gmx.net
Tue Jan 13 07:31:29 MST 2009

Hi,

>> I would rather have a new class named BtHtmlReadDisplay. There are not
>> so many callers, they could have the #if clauses if necessary.

>> Another possibility is to create a branch. Then #ifs are not needed at
>> all. Something like git would be great now, but maybe we just use svn.
>> It's also possible to create a branch for 1.7 because there won't be
>> much changes left for that and we could backport bug fixes from the
>> webkit HEAD. I also think that it's better to release 1.7 first and
>> only after that move completely to WebKit based development.

>> --Eeli Kaikkonen
> I am open to any of these methods. I may just continue development
> locally for now.

I'd prefer Gary's suggestion. Branching creates the risk of loosing changes and requires significant effort to keep things in sync.

With (a limited number of) #ifdefs we can stay in head, and whenever the new code is good enough we will switch, removing the old one.

Using a subclass instead of some #ifdefs is possible, you two can decide which is better. We should not use branching though.

mg