[bt-devel] Windows Fixes - svg vs png

Gary Holmlund gary.holmlund at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 23:07:13 MST 2009

Eeli Kaikkonen wrote:
> Gary Holmlund wrote:
>

>> To support svg you must use a some special classes. See QtSvg
>> Modules. http://doc.trolltech.com/4.4/qtsvg.html
>>
>> I am leaning toward using the png icons.
>
> For some reason it works automatically with QIcon. At least on Linux
> it reads svg out of box, and it doesn't complain on Windows.

Except that svg is not working on Windows. I have traced down through
the Qt code to where it gives up on the svg and creates an empty pixmap.

It works on linux because a Qt plugin is called to create the icon. On
Windows it gets down to looking for the plugin and it has not been
loaded. It is there at \qt\4.4.3\plugins\iconengines\qsvgicond4.dll. I
will look further tomorrow to see why it is not loaded.

Gary