[bt-devel] Warnings about SVG files (was: Re: Some pictures)

Jonathan Marsden jmarsden at fastmail.fm
Fri Feb 27 01:16:28 MST 2009

Gary Holmlund wrote:

> Switching to png will get rid of many warnings. All thouse warnings
> about "Couldn't resolve property: linearGradient..." are generated when
> the svg file and it is not.

I'm pretty sure that these warnings mean that BT's SVG files are
malformed (possibly the file uses an element named linearGradient1234
but does not actually define linearGradient1234, for example).  While
switching to PNG may indeed make the warnings go away, it would probably
be more appropriate to fix the issues with the original vector graphics
files.

Someone with more vector graphics expertize that I have could probably
run the SVG files through the W3C SVG Validator (or some similar tool)
and figure out how to correct the issues from the results?

Jonathan