[bt-devel] Qt Only

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 22:40:23 MST 2009

Gary,

2009/2/24 Gary Holmlund <gary.holmlund at gmail.com>:
> Greg Hellings wrote:
>
> On another note, while navigating a General Book, I have
> to click the >> arrow every time I want to move to a new chapter, etc.
>  Is this the desired/expected behavior or is this a product of running
> on the Mac?  It seems cumbersome to me to have the passage chooser
> disappear every time I click on a new passage, especially if the
> passage turns out to just be a title page or TOC that I want to
> quickly gloss over.
>

> I am trying to understand what you are seeing. For the book Pilgrim's
> Progress this is what I see when I choose "CONTENTS".
>
> There are no subdivisions under "CONTENTS" so the second field is disabled.
>

> Once I go to "PART I" the second field is enabled. I can pull the second
> field down for a list of items or I can use the up/down arrows to the right
> of the second field. I can also go forward/backward using the left/right
> arrows at the far left.
>
> This seems to work consistently with either the 1.7 KDE version or the 1.7
> svn Qt version. What do you see differently?

I see the Back/Forward navigation buttons, and then a wide, empty
space all the way over to the vertical separator.  Next to that is a
double-down arrow (the sort you expect to see when there is a More...
selection) which, when clicked, provides me with the drop-down boxes
for navigating the text on a separate line directly below the
Back/Forward.  Selecting a key to navigate to causes the text to
change to the desired entry properly, but the second line with the
choosers then disappears again, and I have to click the double down
arrow again to navigate away from the new page.  All the tools are
there as they should be, its just that they seem to expand out and
require their own row in the layout, which then requires the selection
of the More... button to show them.  Clearly it's a "feature" of the
Mac-ness of it.  If my description isn't clear, I can give you a
screenshot when I fire the Mac up again.

--Greg