[bt-devel] Windows Build status

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 13:56:16 MST 2009

On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 2:23 PM, Gary Holmlund <gary.holmlund at gmail.com> wrote:
> Martin Gruner wrote:
>>
>> Hello all.
>>
>> @Greg: thanks for all your input. We'll try to include your proposed
>>  changes as soon as we can. Keep it coming.
>> (We might end up with a MinGW build chain, however, instead of VS. It
>> would allow us to have one common build process controlled by cmake.)
>>

> cmake can output a solution/project for Visual Studio. This solution/project
> can be built from command line or using the GUI of studio. We are switching
> our build system as work to use this in the next couple of weeks.  So there
> is no need to exclude VS.

This is how I generated the VS project that I'm using to build the
library.  CMake that I have installed allows for generation of VS,
nmake (command line VS tool), Cygwin, MSYS, MinGW, Borland,
Codeblocks, Eclipse and Watcom.   And, at current, the library builds
equally well under VS and MinGW (that is to say, it has failures in
each).  The failures in VS have already been specified - dirent and
the two errors I posted previously.  The failures in MinGW are in the
CLucene headers - I know not how to go about fixing that, though I
will try building with a newer version of gcc that Matthew Talbert
says he uses now from a different source than MinGW (which is
currently at 3.4 instead of the current gcc which is up in the 4.4
range or something like that).  Ideally VS will work in addition to
one of the free tool chains.

--Greg