[bt-devel] Qt Only

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Tue Feb 24 00:56:01 MST 2009

Quoting Greg Hellings <greg.hellings at gmail.com>:

> BtInstallProgressDialog::slotDownloadStarted "AB"
> (BibleTime 1.7.1.cvs) WARNING: Error with install:  -1 module: "AB"
>
> When I run Bibletime as root, however, it installs properly.  So I
> made sure to chown -R the ~/.sword folder to my main user, and now it
> works properly.  However, giving a graceful error message would be
> preferable.

Oh yes, this is a serious usability bug which has bugged me for long
time. You should see a warning dialog when you add a read-only
destination directory, but it's not enough. I have a feeling I worked
on this issue some time ago, but I'm not sure what exactly I did. I
have to get back to this.

> On another note, while navigating a General Book, I have
> to click the >> arrow every time I want to move to a new chapter, etc.
>  Is this the desired/expected behavior or is this a product of running
> on the Mac?  It seems cumbersome to me to have the passage chooser
> disappear every time I click on a new passage, especially if the
> passage turns out to just be a title page or TOC that I want to
> quickly gloss over.

This is certainly a bug, possibly coming from the weakly tested Qt
port. Or it might be Mac specific. We'll look at it.

Otherwise - this whole porting process looks unbelievably great!
Thanks to everyone involved so far.

--Eeli Kaikkonen