[bt-devel] Font size in read window

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Thu Feb 19 00:41:29 MST 2009

Quoting Gary Holmlund <gary.holmlund at gmail.com>:

> I am open to suggestions about what should be done about this given
> that we don't want to use the KDE functions. We could:
> 1. Leave it as it is at size 14.
> 2. Put a default into BibleTime and make it a different size like 12.
>
> Do you have any other ideas?

We should have our own default which is the same or +1 than the
default UI font size (and the font face should be the default UI one,
too). It should have its own configuration UI "Default font size".
That size is overridden by language specific settings. Actually we
could apply the existing font selector to the default font - IIRC it
now has to be enabled for each language and there's no way to set the
default.

Also the size setting for Mag has been requested by at least one user.
I think it's reasonable. But it's difficult because the Mag may have
text from different modules and if those have different language
specific settings the Mag settings shouldn't just override them. Maybe
the Mag setting could be relative to the main display font size: -1,
0, +1 etc.

--Eeli Kaikkonen