[bt-devel] Font size in read window

Gary Holmlund gary.holmlund at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 20:13:55 MST 2009

Martin Gruner wrote:
> Hi Gary,
>
> I just noticed that the displayed font size in my bible window is quite large
> now. Is there a way to control this setting, should we change BT's default and
> do we need to provide a way to configure this setting?
>
> mg

To control this size you go to the Settings > Configure BibleTime
dialog, the Language tab, and check the "Use custom font" box. Then you
set the font name, style, an size which is set for each language.

If this box is not checked, a default size is used. There was a recent
change in how the default size is obtained. I switched from
KGlobalSetting to QWebSettings for getting this default.

KGlobalSettings gets the font size from konquror. If konquror is started
for the first time it will set a default font size of 12.

Looking at the source for QWebSettings I see the default font size is
hardcoded at 14. This must be the reason for the change you are seeing.
The size 14 font looks pretty reasonable on my high resolution monitor.

I am open to suggestions about what should be done about this given that
we don't want to use the KDE functions. We could:
1. Leave it as it is at size 14.
2. Put a default into BibleTime and make it a different size like 12.

Do you have any other ideas?

Gary