[bt-devel] Cleanup for KHTML and KDE/Qt Porting

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Sun Feb 15 02:54:14 MST 2009

Gary Holmlund wrote:

> I removed the KHTML code that is not used any more.
>
> I also checked in changes for CHTMLWriteDisplay to eliminate using KDE
> functions for the toolbar font, font size, and font color buttons. I was
> working on this in December before I went on vacation and just got back
> to finishing it.
>
> I looked at the remaining KDE code and am encouraged that we may be able
> to port it relatively quickly. Below is a search for all the KDE include
> statements. It shows the type of items remaining.
>
> Eeli, I think you were going to do part of the porting. How should we
> split it?

I have been working on the actions in display windows. It's not easy
because it involves much more than changing KActions to QActions. I'm
trying to think forwards and find a way to configure the shortcuts. If
KActionCollection were not used originally the work would be easier, but
now the code is not easy understand. Removing KActionCollection
completely wouldn't be too hard, but I want to replace it with some
system which can help with shortcut configuration. And this leads to the
whole configuration system. There is some discussion about that in
http://devel.bibletime.info/wiki/Reworking_the_Configuration_System. To
be honest, the current one is horrible. You could read the discussion
and think about an alternative.

Or is it better to just remove KActionCollection and create
non-configurable QActions, leaving the config system later?

It looks like the display window actions is almost the last thing to
port. There are small things like the About dialog (which you could do)
and then the KApplication -> QApplication port.

--Eeli Kaikkonen