[bt-devel] QtWebKit version

Gary Holmlund gary.holmlund at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 23:31:19 MST 2009

No one has commented on the right context "Find" menu on the QtWebkit
version. This is not the main Search dialog, but one that only searches
the text currently in the window.  It was using a Find dialog supplied
with the KHTML class. I had to reimplement the Find dialog.

The KDE one had a couple of features I had to drop. It had regular
expressions and search within only selected text. The QWebFrame search
function did not support these. I did not believe these to be very
important for searching only within the currently displayed text.

I did put in a couple of features that you might like. The KDE dialog
would close when you hit Find button. If you wanted to repeat searching
for a word you had to keep reopening the dialog. The new one stays open
and you can repeat the search with another click of the button or just
the Enter key. The second feature is that it has both a next and
previous button making it faster change the direction you are searching.
The third feature is that it searches the currently active window. Even
if launched from one window, just click on a second window and the
search applies there.

Gary