[bt-devel] QtWebKit version

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Tue Feb 10 14:38:11 MST 2009

Gary Holmlund wrote:

> The version with QtWebKit rendering the window is feature complete. It
> is not yet turned on by default, but I think it is ready. Is there any
> reason to wait on doing this?

Apparently not, because it's the default now:)

With quick testing I found one fault: the hover delay doesn't work
reliably. If I move the mouse pointer over KJV text the Mag is updated
all the time. I can't easily get orientated to javascript (I have barely
used it once) but it looks like the timer is not cleared when the mouse
is moved. In the original code it happens like this: Every time when the
mouse move event happens the timer is killed and started again from 0.
It means that only after the mouse has been stopped for <delay>ms the
timer event is sent and handled. Maybe this could be reached by putting
some code back to c++ file: killing the timer, timer id, timer event.
Only when the timer event is triggered and handled in timerEvent the
signal would be emitted to the js code. But I don't know how to handle
the node then.

Otherwise it looks great. The first natural reaction when hearing about
using javascript is that "it's too much overhead, it's bloat", but
reality may be different. Probably the overhead is negligible compared
to rendering the html text from the modules. With my fast dual-core I
see no difference; I would like to try with a very slow machine.

--Eeli Kaikkonen