[bt-devel] QtWebKit version

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Sun Feb 8 14:08:35 MST 2009

Gary Holmlund wrote:

> The version with QtWebKit rendering the window is feature complete. It
> is not yet turned on by default, but I think it is ready. Is there any
> reason to wait on doing this?
>
> It was finished just before the announcement about going to 1.7rc1, but
> I did not want to detract from the release process by discussing it then.

Great news! Thanks. It was right decision not to discuss it until now.

I have to admit I haven't tested it at all yet. After long period of
hard work - or at least pressure to work on BT - I have been resting
from BibleTime. Now it's time to share thoughts and plan ahead. Maybe
it's also easier to bring new people in if there are any - is Dylon
Edwards still around? Anyone else planning to contribute but not having
been bold enough yet?

I have been translating the Xiphos (former GnomeSword if you don't know)
UI into Finnish. It's just a quick job but I wanted to do something
different now, and I want to help other projects, too. It's been in my
mind to translate BibleTime - it's not in good shape. But as they say,
"cobbler's children have no shoes" :)

--Eeli Kaikkonen