[bt-devel] BibleTime 1.7rc1 released - PLEASE TEST - 1.7 final scheduled very soon

Jonathan Marsden jmarsden at fastmail.fm
Wed Feb 4 22:42:22 MST 2009

Frank wrote:

> The Menu item is still "Bibletime 1.6.5.1 Bible Study Tool" not
> reflecting the upgrade, though it does start the 1.7 version.

This is (or at least, om my system this was) caused by having a previous
unpackaged local installation of the earlier version (under /usr/local/
).  Files there (such as /usr/local/share/menu/bibletime and
/usr/local/share/applications/bibletime.desktop) take precedence over
the ones in /usr/share, it seems.

After deleting the ones under /local and running

  sudo update-menus

The menus should display the right version :)

So, not really a packaging bug, just an unintended consequence of having
installed non-packaged applications on the machine!

If this does not fix the menus for you, do let me know.

Thanks,

Jonathan