[bt-devel] BibleTime 1.7rc1 released - PLEASE TEST - 1.7 final scheduled very soon

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Wed Feb 4 15:13:42 MST 2009

Martin Gruner wrote:
> Hi all,
>

> 1.7rc1 is out.
>
> PLEASE TEST!
> Special attention needs to be paid to the Bookshelf Manager which is used to
> download and install modules.
>
> If we don't find any showstoppers, I'd like to release 1.7 on the weekend.

I fixed a crash and couldn't find any new ones. However, testing is
still needed. Try to install from several sources, stop the
installations or let them go, remove the works and try it again a little
bit differently. Use different target paths, remove them from the list
and add them back and add new ones.

> @Eeli: Do you see a chance to change the download sequence to start with the
> first in the list? The current situation may be confusing to users, because
> they may not notice progress if it is in a hidden area. Does this require much
> work?

Done.

> @Thomas: Feel free to prepare a statement to 1.7 that we can put up on our web
> pages if you like.

I like writing long stories but am too busy ATM to write a decent
announcement to the wiki. 1.7 final would earn one. Fortunately there
are already the older announcements which may be referred to, or text
can be copied from them.

Additionally the CrossWire news page needs update. I haven't done
anything for that although I kind of promised to take care of it.

It wouldn't hurt to update Freshmeat, too (Martin is the owner there).

--Eeli Kaikkonen