[bt-devel] BibleTime status and packaging

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Mon Feb 2 09:32:42 MST 2009

Eeli Kaikkonen wrote:

> Now I will just disable concurrent installs. The work is underway and
> shouldn't take long any more (couple of hours, if I just get some free
> slot). I hope people test it heavily, preferably with dual or quad core
> and with their own private ftp server, but any testing is better than
> none. I don't want BT crash for end users.

I just commited the sequenced install. The UI is not perfect: it starts
from the bottom of the list and it can't be seen if there are more items
than the height of the dialog. And there is some nasty bug left: if I
install several items and stop some of them, the installation is
half-done or something like that and BT crashes when I try to use some
modules. This should be easier to find and fix because it shouldn't
involve concurrency. Anyone is welcome to investigate that - I'm very
busy ATM and did even this fix in a hurry.

Please test, with any machine. More than one core/processors find thread
related bugs maybe 100 times more efficiently, but on the other hand I
have not tested this fix with single core at all and it may work badly
with those.

--Eeli Kaikkonen