[bt-devel] The future of development and DVCS

Gary Holmlund gary.holmlund at gmail.com
Sat Dec 12 13:14:24 MST 2009

Eeli Kaikkonen wrote:
> On Mon, 7 Dec 2009, Eeli Kaikkonen wrote:
>
>> So, please use some time to learn bzr, follow the instructions and
>> publish your next feature/fix in a bzr branch, even before it's ready.
>>

> No guinea pigs volunteered this far. I have to do it.
>
> There's a branch called eelik-feature1. There's a help text if there are
> no modules installed while startup. It doesn't work yet completely, it's
> not updated if works are installed/removed.
>
>   Yours,
> 	Eeli Kaikkonen (Mr.), Oulu, Finland
> 	e-mail: eekaikko at mailx.studentx.oulux.fix (with no x)

I have not had a lot of time in the last few days. My son Daniel and his
family arrived a couple of days ago. They are moving from France back to
the US and will be going to Portland. They are staying with us until
after Christmas.

I did manage to create a gholmlund-test branch on sourceforge using
linux. I retrieved a change in it from Windows. I then went on and setup
a gholmlund-feature1 branch on sourceforge from Windows and setup a
Visual Studio solution for compiling it. I have not made any changes in
it yet. I used command line mostly on windows and linux. It looks like a
nice setup for larger feature development.

Eeli, thanks for the detailed wiki page for getting started.

Gary