[bt-devel] Website: Content Migration

Raoul Snyman raoul.snyman at saturnlaboratories.co.za
Sat Dec 12 11:31:00 MST 2009

On Saturday 12 December 2009 19:07:23 Eeli Kaikkonen wrote:
> The big idea is to separate the end user pages from development
> community pages. Most end users need just the main BibleTime section
> (with Home, About, Download etc. mentioned above). Developer information
> should be separated from them. Therefore I'd like to have a page
> structure with header part which would have tabs for BibleTime, Develop,
> Blog (and Forums). The BibleTime main section would have information
> relevant to application end users. The Develop section is interesting
> only for those who want to contribute.

On my OpenLP project we have basically done exactly that. We've separated
developer content from user content, pushing the developer information to the
wiki, and then just having links on the site to the different project pages
(SF.net and LP.net) and a "how to contribute" page which tells users how they
can become contributors.

If you'd like to take a look: http://openlp.org/

Eeli, that's pretty much what I was thinking as well. Separate the developer
stuff and keep it on the wiki.

--
Raoul Snyman, B.Tech IT (Software Engineering)
Saturn Laboratories
e: raoul.snyman at saturnlaboratories.co.za
w: www.saturnlaboratories.co.za
b: blog.saturnlaboratories.co.za