[bt-devel] Serious bugs in auto-cascade mode

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Tue Dec 1 02:53:57 MST 2009

On Mon, 30 Nov 2009, Gary Holmlund wrote:
> > If these problems can't be fixed, maybe we should leave this
> > auto-cascade mode out.
> >
> This should be fixed now. I think that bug has been this way for quite
> some time.

...which tells that the mode is used by no-one, or how should we explain
this? At least we haven't tested it properly for a long time... *sigh*

Gary really is the Bug Fixer King (if I'm the Prince of The Bug
Finders), but the auto-cascade still doesn't work correctly; the later
part isn't fixed. If I minimize one window out of two, there's no way to
cascade again, and the minimized window isn't shown in the Window menu
list.

But if it has been buggy for a long time, I honestly wonder if anyone
ever uses it. Cascading subwindows are from Windows 3.0 era and have
mostly been left there. They would be superseded with the tabs for
almost all practical purposes, or what do you think?

  Yours,
	Eeli Kaikkonen (Mr.), Oulu, Finland