[bt-devel] [ bibletime-Feature Requests-2906373 ] mp3 recitations

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Tue Dec 1 01:41:20 MST 2009

Feature Requests item #2906373, was opened at 2009-11-30 23:46
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by eelik
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=350954&aid=2906373&group_id=954

not just the latest update.
Category: General
Group: BibleTime 2.x

Initial Comment:
hi every one! long time I have idea to add mp3 player in to bibletime to be able lessen bible recitations when I am reading. some thing like Islamic project  zekr
have - built in player with possibility add new recitation. any idea how to...?

petro

Date: 2009-12-01 08:41

Message:
I haven't tried but it's possible that BibleTime supports it already. We
use the Qt UI library/framework which supports opening media files. What
kind of user interface would be good? How about a clickable link inside
text which opens the system's mp3 player? That would be easiest to
implement, I think.

But I don't promise this will be implemented. So far CrossWire doesn't
have any mp3 files as modules. We use texts (modules) from CrossWire, so
mp3 support alone wouldn't help much.

If you want different kind of recitation, another program called Xiphos
has ability to read text aloud. It's machine reading and I haven't got it
working to hear how it sounds.