[bt-devel] BT 2.0.beta1 released

Luke Plant L.Plant.98 at cantab.net
Mon Apr 27 13:34:57 MST 2009

Hi Gary, thanks so much for the fixes.

That just leaves this on my informal bug reports:

> Finally, RealStrongsGreek module in the Mag area displays with
> boxes instead of accented greek characters.  This seems to be a
> regression since 1.7 (?), less serious than the previous two.

This seems to be caused by the use of the 'Arial' font, which is
lacking in the 'accented Greek characters' department.  On removing
that font from my system, it then used 'Liberation Sans', which is
lacking in the same way!

I fixed it by adding this to my ~/.fonts.conf:

<match target="pattern" name="family" >
 <test name="family" qual="any" >
  <string>Liberation Sans</string>
 </test>
 <edit mode="assign" name="family" >
  <string>Bitstream Vera Sans</string>
 </edit>
</match>

But this is not an ideal fix.  The choice of font should be determined
either by BibleTime settings or user defaults, but none of these refer
to 'Arial' or 'Liberation Sans' (or Helvetica etc.) on my machine.
Any idea why these fonts are being chosen?

Regards,

Luke

--
"In your presence there is fullness of joy; at your right hand are
pleasures forevermore" Psalm 16:11

Luke Plant || http://lukeplant.me.uk/