[bt-devel] Using QSharedPointer instead of boost pointer

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Sun Apr 26 13:58:09 MST 2009

On Sun, Apr 26, 2009 at 3:54 PM, Eeli Kaikkonen
<eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi> wrote:
> Jonathan Marsden wrote:
>

>> I think (if it is reasonable to implement) the "best" approach would be
>> to take Eeli's earlier suggestion:

>> This way, on platforms with Qt 4.5 there is no libboost dependency, but
>> things still work on platforms with Qt 4.4 (they just need libbost too).
>>
>> Is this just too hard or too ugly to implement?
>
> It gains very little. Most linux distros have the boost library already so
> there's no extra work or overhead if it's a dependency. The patch can be
>  applied for Windows so that people save the work of downloading and
> configuring the boost library and save some time and space.

In actuality, we don't save all that much - I have no intention of
releasing 4.5.x based BibleTime builds into the wild until I can
figure out what is going so catastrophically wrong with the system
that is causing the GUI to be so lethargic.  So I'll be sticking with
4.4 for Windows for the foreseeable future.

--Greg