[bt-devel] Using QSharedPointer instead of boost pointer

Jonathan Marsden jmarsden at fastmail.fm
Sun Apr 26 13:46:08 MST 2009

Martin Gruner wrote:

> you are right. Somehow I managed to completely forget about the consequences
> of the change. I'm sorry!
>
> In SVN, the change is reverted (we depend on boost again), and I added a patch
> file to be applied later (in a few months) that contains all the changes I
> made.

I think (if it is reasonable to implement) the "best" approach would be
to take Eeli's earlier suggestion:

This way, on platforms with Qt 4.5 there is no libboost dependency, but
things still work on platforms with Qt 4.4 (they just need libbost too).

Is this just too hard or too ugly to implement?

Jonathan