[bt-devel] BT 2.0.beta1 released

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Wed Apr 22 11:17:53 MST 2009

On Wed, 22 Apr 2009, Martin Gruner wrote:

> Please find it at sourceforge.
>
> On our development page (http://devel.bibletime.info/wiki/Development_Plan)
> there are no serious items holding up this release. So please speak up: is
> there anything we should wait for?

Releasing a beta is OK. For 2.0 final there are some outstanding items.
One is the ESV footnote display bug. It must be fixed for 2.0 final
because ESV is one of the most important modules.

Another one, which has not been reported yet, is that with Qt 4.5 - at
least on Kubuntu Jaunty - d'n'd doesn't work.

I don't think full v11n support is necessary for 2.0. First, there are
no important modules which need it. Second, it works already, even
though not perfectly. "Works with 1.6" is mandatory, "works perfectly"
is not. I would like to see more testing with Sword 1.6 and Qt 4.5
before the 2.0 final comes out. We shouldn't rush even though we all
would like to see finally after long long time the 2.0.

BT needs at least one fix for 1.6RC2 (if Troy really removed one setter
method from installmgr). If it's too late to fix it in 2.0beta1, then
it's too late and we have to release another beta after it's been fixed.

--Eeli Kaikkonen