[bt-devel] CPack and other patches

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Sat Apr 18 03:33:12 MST 2009

Barry Drake wrote:
> Hi there .......
>
> Eeli Kaikkonen wrote:
>> Forbidden
>> You don't have permission to access /~ghellings/bibletime/CMake.diff
>> on this server.
> Interesting - I had the same problem a while back.  I put some stuff in
> my ~bdrake directory on the Sword site, and found I was the only person
> who could access it!  Please let me know what you have to do to allow
> public access to a file or directory.

If you can access them through a command line shell, setting the file
permissions should be enough. On *nix it's usually "chmod a+r
filename.xyz". It's possible that directories need also x (execute,
which with directories means permission to list contents)  permission:
"chmod a+rx dir/".

--Eeli Kaikkonen