[bt-devel] Windows Module Install bug

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 00:52:56 MST 2009

So here's my setup:

Modules in C:\Program Files (x86)\CrossWire\The SWORD Project\
SWORD_HOME points to the above directory.

BibleTime finds those files with no problems.
I then used the module intsaller from within BibleTime and asked it to
install FinPR to C:\Users\Greg\.sword, which is promptly did.
No new modules appeared in my BookShelf so I restarted BibleTime.
Still, no new modules.
I opened C:\Users\Greg\.sword to find what might have happened and
found the files are there, but they're just not showing up in
BibleTime.

On a possibly related bug note - I tried moving all my modules to
C:\Users\Greg\.sword and also to C:\Users\Greg\AppData\Sword and
C:\Users\Greg\Sword and pointing SWORD_HOME to the directory with the
modules.  At startup I got the standard notice that BibleTime couldn't
find mods.d or mods.conf and that I should point SWORD_HOME to the
directory with that file.  I moved the modules back to Program Files
and changed SWORD_HOME back to that and the modules appeared perfectly
again.

When I opened BibleTime as Administrator and pointed it to the Program
Files directory, it was able to install the module there with no
problem as well as locate it after install.

--Greg