[bt-devel] win32 binary - sword path issue (crash)

Martin Zibricky mzibricky at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 08:19:05 MST 2009

Hi all,

I've used the installer from Greg.
I'm able to execute bibletime, but when clicking on the menu item
'Bookshelf' I'm getting the following error.

-----
C:\Program Files\BibleTime\bin>bibletime.exe
SWMgr: Can't find 'mods.conf' or 'mods.d'.  Try setting:
        SWORD_PATH=<directory containing mods.conf>
        Or see the README file for a full description of setup options
(<configPath is null>)
(BibleTime 2.0.alpha2) WARNING: Not a BibleTime Bookmark XML file
(BibleTime 2.0.alpha2) _FATAL_: ASSERT: "sourceList.count() > 0" in file
c:\bt\bibletime-svn\src\frontend\bookshelfmanager\installpage
\btsourcewidget.cpp, line
225
Please report this bug!
(http://www.bibletime.info/development_help.html)
C:\Program Files\BibleTime\bin>
-----

Does the installer include sword related files?
Or should I copy the sword files manually to any path?
Where is bibletime looking for sword files?

Could this issue be related to bug
'Bugs-2761725 ] ASSERT failure in QSettings'?

Could this be fixed in alpha3?

BT: alpha2
OS: Czech Windows Vista

Martin Zibricky