[bt-devel] Windows SVN Build

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 21:41:36 MST 2009

Gary

On Mon, Apr 6, 2009 at 11:22 PM, Gary Holmlund <gary.holmlund at gmail.com> wrote:
<snip>
>> I just tried your release. It installed in the c:\Program
>> Files\WinInstaller directory. When I tried to run it I got the message
>> "WARNING: Cannot find license directory relative to c:\Program
>> Files\WinInstaller\bin" and then it quits.
>>
>> Gary
>>
> The share\bibletime\license\license.html file is missing from the release.

I see that now - I'm including it in a new build of the installer.

> Also, I had to make a c:\Documents and Settings\<login>\.sword directory and
> set an environment variable SWORD_PATH to point at this directory. BibleTime
> was working then.

I might be able to create that automatically with the installer (the
~\.sword directory, that is), but I don't think I can mess with the
environment variables.  The .sword file shouldn't be necessary - it's
absent from my system and has been on everyone else, I believe, who
has tested it.  But yes, the SWORD_PATH needs to point to something.
In my case, I point it to the C:\Program Files (x86)\CrossWire\The
SWORD Project directory, which is where my modules are installed.

> In my previous email I said the Strong's numbers were not working. That was
> wrong. It was the cross reference verses that were missing. I was using the
> ESV Bible.

I'll look on my system, but I'm not exactly certain what you meant...
is the problem there with my build or yours?  I'm building a new
version now and going to upload it.  Hopefully it will be the last one
that requires a manual uninstall of previous installations.  I have
found an option that allows it to uninstall a previous version.  It
also installs to C:\Program Files (x86)\BibleTime now and gives the
user the option of changing that directory to one of the user's
choice.  I'll upload it to the same locale shortly.

--Greg