[bt-devel] Windows SVN Build

Gary Holmlund gary.holmlund at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 21:22:48 MST 2009

Gary Holmlund wrote:
> Greg Hellings wrote:
>> On Mon, Apr 6, 2009 at 10:39 PM, Gary Holmlund
>> <gary.holmlund at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Thanks for building this version.
>>>
>>> The look of the svg files has not changed so there is no need to
>>> update the
>>> png's. Also, I will able to build a windows debug version with Qt
>>> 4.5.0 and
>>> found that the svg files worked and the png files were not needed.
>>>

>> Oh, is Qt 4.5.0 released into the wild yet or is it still in beta?  If
>> so, I will grab it and rebuild against that with the .svg files as the
>> included form.  That would also be a good chance for me to update the
>> Windows Build Instructions to include the /Zc option in clucene-core
>> build and weed out all the extra work around I had put in before the
>> changes to the build process.
>>
> It was final released about a month ago.
>> Have you happened to test the Unicode issues in the current build I
>> released? That had, IIRC, been the cause for looking at making char
>> equivalent to wchar_t and other such modifications.  I also don't know
>> if forcing the /Zc:wchar_t- option into clucene-core will make Lucene
>> do strange things for us.
>>
> I just tried your release. It installed in the c:\Program
> Files\WinInstaller directory. When I tried to run it I got the message
> "WARNING: Cannot find license directory relative to c:\Program
> Files\WinInstaller\bin" and then it quits.
>
> Gary

The share\bibletime\license\license.html file is missing from the release.

Also, I had to make a c:\Documents and Settings\<login>\.sword directory
and set an environment variable SWORD_PATH to point at this directory.
BibleTime was working then.

In my previous email I said the Strong's numbers were not working. That
was wrong. It was the cross reference verses that were missing. I was
using the ESV Bible.

Gary