[bt-devel] More CMake issues

Gary Holmlund gary.holmlund at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 20:35:04 MST 2009

Greg Hellings wrote:
> Additionally, since I'm not doing a 'make install' equivalent for
> SWORD, all the sword headers are in C:\Bt\sword-1.5.11\include but
> CMake is automatically taking that directory, which FindSword is
> returning, and transforming it into
> C:\Bt\bibletime-svn\..\sword-1.5.11\include\sword  -- the final \sword
> makes it unable to find the SWORD headers.  Again, I'm not certain why
> this is being returned, since the FindSword module is returning the
> proper directory.  If I'm guessing right, it's because usually the
> directory is /usr/local/include/sword, but I'm not sure why FindSword
> is finding the correct directory, which is then being modified
> incorrectly.

I believe the FindSword.cmake is written incorrectly, but I would like
someone more familiar with cmake to confirm this. It appears to search a
list of paths that do not have "sword" in them looking for
sword/swmgr.h. We it finds a match it takes that directory and adds
"sword" to make the final directory. This makes it impossible to find
any match where the last directory s not "sword". The include directory
in the sword source dir does not have a "sword".  It seems to me that
some of the search paths should have "sword" at the end and others
should not. It should look for the "swmgr.h" with the leading "sword".
> Thirdly: there is now an option in the build parameters for Visual
> Studio that reads: /Zc:wchar_t-  This option causes the build to fail
> when linking against CLucene unless I also edit the CLucene build
> options to also include that same option.  I'm not sure whether that
> was introduced to solve the build problems or not, but it has added on
> extra step for me when building - although I must say that most of the
> remaining problems that the Build Instructions for Windows include are
> now handled automatically by CMake.  Is this problem solely mine with
> some strange Unicode-related settings that I have?

I added this option so we would not have to add all of those TCHAR casts
in our code. I would like to see all those come back out. I believe that
if this option is not used, there are more TCHAR casts that need to be
added to BibleTime source.

Is there another solution to this problem?

Gary